Library Mission Statement
- Students will learn and apply information literacy skills within the frameworks of curricular research, instructional needs, New York State Standards, AASL National School Library Standards, and 21st Century skills.
- Students will strengthen problem solving strategies to manage information needs using current information formats and pursue lifelong independent learning.
- Students will expand their appreciation of literature and enrich their lives through the enjoyment of reading.
- The Library Media Center provides access to quality resources in many formats; carries out class and individual instruction relating to information retrieval, critical evaluation of resources, the proper documentation of sources, and current web practices.
- The Library Media Center actively participates in the encouragement of reading through readers' advisory: suggestions to classes and individuals, preparation of book lists and displays, and participation in social media.
- The Library Media Center strives to connect the school community to rich resources through current library and technology practices.