Plaque Commemorates Mackay's Donation of Land for Roslyn High School
This bronze plaque commemorates the donation of land by Clarence Mackay in 1923 upon which Roslyn High School was built several years later. The property was at the southern end of the Mackay Estate, called Harbor Hill, which covered 600 acres mostly north of Harbor Hill Road. The plaque was mounted on a wall inside the original high school building, near the main entrance facing Roslyn Road. When that portion of the high school was demolished in 1970-71 as part of a major expansion of the building, it was removed and placed in storage, where it was recently rediscovered.