- Roslyn School District
- Our Capital Program
Safety is Our Number One Concern
In order to ensure a safe and appropriate school environment during construction in our buildings, the district requires all contractors to comply with security and safety restrictions at all sites where work is being undertaken. Contractors are required to abide by more than three dozen specific items, many of which are technical in nature. These are some of the measures most directly related to student safety and security:
- The occupied portion of any school building shall always comply with the minimum requirements necessary to maintain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Workers shall be required to wear photo identification badges at all times. The school district will conduct a background check of every worker prior to issuing an identification badge.
- The general contractor shall provide a separation of construction areas from occupied spaces.
- Workers may not use corridors designated for students or school staff.
- Construction projects shall maintain required health, safety, and educational capabilities at all times that classes are in session.
- Operations shall not produce noise in excess of 60DBA in occupied spaces.
- Smoking is prohibited anywhere on school property.
- Shirts are to be worn at all times.
- Any employee using inappropriate language or who is disruptive to the school environment will be banned from the site.
- Any employee found to be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol will be banned from the site.
- Contractor’s personnel shall not converse with school employees, children, or the public.
- Use of the existing facilities, such as restrooms or vending machines, during construction is prohibited.
- The contractor’s schedule shall allow for blackout dates established by the school district, such as testing days, during which no noisy work will be allowed.
- Parking is restricted to areas designated by the school.
- Should it become necessary to access the existing building during construction hours for measurements or other non-disruptive work, the
- contractor shall be escorted by school personnel or the construction manager. Identification badges shall be worn at all times in the school.
These measures will be monitored continuously for compliance, and any violations will be addressed immediately. If parents or other visitors to the schools have any questions or concerns about safety conditions during construction periods, please contact the building principal.